Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by breakwater
United States, MA, Wenham
Joined Jan 2007
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
Hi Wick -
with all the numbers discussed and thrown out, one more time for some of us "slow" folks - would you mind simply posting the "Detroit M Class Specs" please?

I'm originally from Saginaw area, and we are back to Michigan several times during summer to visit my wife's family. I am "thinking" about building an "M" this winter based on a newer design from an Italian. (design is AZUR) and I would readily build to meet your local fleet specs for a "Detroit Version" and also an "open" version. If a trip coincided with a Detroit event, I would be interested in possibly attending. Just want to be sure I have the options to meet your specs. I am not sure if you said their was a minimum weight, so that might be the only sticking point, which , I would assume could be addressed by corrector weights in the hull. Thanks, Dick
Dick.
Don't drive yourself nuts.
If you want to build an M, Just build one. As Wick just said, they have about 5 different designs sailing currently. That's the whole point of this class. They are all different, even the OD fleet!

You were asking about International rules, and USA Rules. now you're asking about OD rules, and corrector weights. Just build one and sail it 'till the cows come home.

Just pick a boat, from one of the eras.. and build it.
Who's going to host the Nationals? Just do it.

The M-Class sure has alot of Roolz for a class that is built on the premise of doing what you want to do within 50/800
breakwater is offline Find More Posts by breakwater