Thread: Discussion DJI Warranty issues???
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by AlanGold
Joined Oct 2012
795 Posts
My experience as a noob with an F450 is that the DJI prop hubs can be cracked pretty easily if overtightened. But the props are somehwhat flexible and resilient and are good for new flyers. I also have the inexpensive Gemfan props from UAV. They are more brittle and even if they luckily survive a minor crash, I've had one that broke shortly thereafter in the air. So in the future I'll replace all props after a crash and then check them carefully before flying with them again/ I don't think either prop will break for "no reason."

So maybe there are better props out there and you'll have to investigate. But since I am new I am using the DJIs with a bit of Loctite on the nuts and I'm careful how I torque the nuts. I'll report back after a few more weeks of flying. Perhaps DJI could have made a better choice of props for machines that are often bought by noobs.

BTW I haven't had that many crashes... most were due to my overtightening and none were serious. But I have been trying to fly some on manual so it is taking a bit of a toll on props.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold