Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Scale Jet Driver
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jul 2012
917 Posts
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
I posted a couple of weeks ago about not being very impressed with the power combo I chose for this jet....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2005

I am very happy to report that I AM thoroughly impressed now. I had bench tested my motor/fan combo to the tune of 1034W. Tested again in the airframe for 955W If I remember correctly. After the maiden, I was pondering the reasons for the lackluster performance, so I put the watt meter back on her. 675 watts!!! WTH?! Turns out, my rotor was slipping on the shaft adapter. *This is in no way a jab at Tam or his products*, just a heads up so maybe someone wont have to go through what I did. I ordered two 4mm shaft adapters from Tam, and on both, the unthreaded part of the adapter where the rotor rides, is longer than fan itself. In other words, the nut ran out of threads before it tightened on the rotor. Luckily, one of the two stock adapters I had was of good quality, so I swapped them out and retested. 1077W at 70 amps. More like it. Flew her Yesterday morning and WOW! Night and day. Went home and ordered more lipos!
Wow man! You're gonna have to get her on radar. I'd love to know what speeds you're getting. Clean wings?
Rangerfan is online now Find More Posts by Rangerfan