View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,888 Posts
Nice pics Sidney

Cap...that's a tough one. Right now I'm getting about 1/2-1 degree backwards tilt randomly measuring stuff while in the process of building the mountings. Yeah, not so good. I can run the cutoff wheel through the mountings and re-JB Weld the assembly if I need to take some height out without starting over. Thing is...I'm kind of short in the mainshaft height department so I'm trying to max out the airframe height by keeping the tail boom in the fuselage's tailboom channel. I'll see what the final angle is when the thing isnt so flexy-floppy as it is now

Anyone know what the mainshaft tilt spec is for the AS350? The thing about this fuselage also is the tail boom is high compared to the real thing which kinda makes things change a bit...

Anyway, I'll throw in another pic of some questionable CF mountings in progress . They should be ok I think...better than a hunk of pine block in there . Mounts to the factory supplied captured M3 nuts in the back, and to the skid mounting block screws in the front (which were relocated from stock)
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4