Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Flight Report:

I took the slick out to the club field this morning with my friend Brigg. I made two short flights to test the tune. After a few adjustments I put three solid flights on it. One right after another. Boy was that nice The air-frame is amazing and is even more fun to fly now that I took out the extra weight of the smoke pump.

The motor ran really nice too . You should see how fast it pulls out of a hover. Man when I gun it, it just leaps out of it. Screams, and rifles toward the heavens! I'm running a 19x8 xoar prop so it tops out a little faster than the 20x8 and the plane gets out of its own way pretty quick.

In KE I barely have to lean on the rudder to hold it level. There is quite a bit of coupling toward the canopy when I try to do KE in a high alpha attitude. The coupling is mostly gone when it is moving fast. I'm wondering what that means... is it a balance issue?

Anyway it sure was fun to have a few flights without any issues. I mark it as a great success! Can't stop grinning about it
You need to reduce the wing incidence.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia