: Build Log
Micro Scorpion w/ Custom Intakes
View Single Post
Nov 19, 2012
, 05:35 PM
Hover or die
Hover or die
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
Time for a little update...
I added some carbon to the horizontal tail surfaces to give strenth and stiffen the elevator..
I pretty much have the intake plugs ready for primer...maybe a little more cleaning up have at it..i used a regular servo lug to tie the 2elevator wires together at the servo so they work together and can be adjusted....
I plan to primer and paint the plugs tomorrow and probably glass the following day.
I should be able to wrap it up pretty quick once the intakes are finished..
A few pics to show progress..
The duct thread will have a pic of every single stage as i am documenting every step...
Take care fellas........Chris
I also wanted to mention the razor blade in the lower pics is used to carefully slice off the raised glue between the pieces that sometimes shows after sanding..i just slice it off and remud with spackle..works a charm....:-)
View all Images in thread
Carbon added in tail
these are my little jigs for hotwiring the intake
face of the intake gets these 2
How i hold the part with my patterns pieces on each side..squeeze tight and run the wire around
after the wire pass
pieces ready to be glued back together
from the intake face on right to the face of the fan on left..
showing parts used to cut plug
glued back together
test fit to my fan adapter
test fit on jet..i will cut about 1/2" off the front and sand to shape with intake template on the front..
almost ready to prime
ready for primer
Cutting away some glue ridges
test fit to adapter
another shot of plug piece just hotwired
Last edited by Hover or die; Nov 19, 2012 at