View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Rim, I tried heating it, the plastic softens to bad to let the joint go..it aint the glue they use inside, so I gave up..but, a GREAT idea..lemmie know if you find a way to get it loose, please.

I finished tuning mine, problem is, its a shortie, cant do anything about that, and to keep the pump hooked up better, it would need waaay more hull, or a different design..my problem with everything is I take stuff to a extreme, and eveything has a limit by nature..

Water, by its nature, doesnt compress, and, volume cannot be scaled down, the engineering degree my father paid for, so many years ago, still works..

In the mid 80's I raced, pro, full size jets, and in the 90's I owned part of a jet boat facility, Tahiti
Caribbean, great boats, was part of the parent company that owned berkley jets, Hardin Marine, who did all the jet conversions from normal market jet boat builders..

Vic Hardin was a good guy..died in the early 90's, family didnt pursue boats anymore..

Geez, I got long winded..

Anyway, I changed my CG a little, its done..short vid for ya, and a few pics of one of my Caribbeans..

http://vimeo.com/53790481
You could try adding a rudder to the bottom of the steering nozzle to keep it planted in the turns.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989