Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Your customer
United States, MI, Berkley
Joined Dec 2009
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I started a new thread to get input of desired feactures od the Guardian 2D/3D and to date no responce. Not sure if those interested in the Guardian only comes here or perhaps there is little to no interest. If you are interested then perhaps post in that other thread so info is easier to keep seperate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771363

Charles
Did not know it existed till now. Do you know if Eagletree monitors that thread also? I think that Bill Parry gets an email update everytime someone posts in this thread since he originally started it. Also would it be better to email the request directly? Posting your wants in a public forum will be directed towards competitors of the Guardian also - just a thought.

On a silly note. I'm currently working on an FPV airplane. It's a Parkzone T-28, and it will have a 1.2 ghz Video transmitter onboard. The plan is to fly within the boarders of a flying field. It will also have a Guardian 2D/3D onboard to assist with orientation, takeoff, and especially landing.

What I'm looking for additionally is a very simple OSD that can provide the following....

1. Aritificial Horizon - derived from the Guardian 2D/3D's accelerometer and gyros. It's done in the PC software now.
2. Individual Li-Po voltages - from two seperate packs
3. Individual Amperage used - from two packs

#1 above I'll take over the two below. The board size should be no larger than a U.S. nickel. I'm looking for simplicity. I imagine that this is a module that would plug into the Guardian - removing some of the notorious wiring associated with FPV systems.

I've researched existing OSD's, and they are overkill for the type of flying I plan on doing - aerobatics/scale dogfights. Hobbyking sells very simple OSD's that monitor voltage, but an AHI would be welcomed especially on taildraggers and aerobatics (increased situational awareness).
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Nov 19, 2012 at 03:41 PM.