Thread: Article Flyzone Uberlites Review
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by 3Deee
IT MUST HAVE AILERONS
Joined Oct 2011
63 Posts
builderdude,
I will admit the changeover is a bit of a project, but can be accomplished in a few hours. The change was done in three phases. 1) the Night Vapor brick and 70 mAh battery. 2) Night Vapor gearbox with Cub/Champ motor. 3) reinforcing the leading edge of the monoplane's wing with a piece of thin carbon fibre rod.
The Night Vapor prop with more pitch twisted into it is used throughout.

The motor/gearbox changeover is optional as I just wanted more power. Most of the general improvement came with the NV brick changeover, giving me reliability and ruggedness.

Where the power increase is most valuable is in the flying wing which allows it to do basic aerobatics including rolls, and fills that void between the Night Vapor and the (sadly discontinued) UMX Extra 300 3D. With the increased power the wing is not only a great indoor plane but has no problem flying outdoors in a light breeze. Radio range has never been an issue.

I use a DX6i for radio as it's mixing functions are required. The "feel" of these planes is so much more positive with a good transmitter compared to the cheap controller that comes with them.

If I get a chance I will try to post more detailed instructions on this changeover.
3Deee is offline Find More Posts by 3Deee