Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by JM66
United States, OH, Rosemount
Joined Jul 2011
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
Hi All:

How would the Wildcat be for an airleron trainer? I'm currently learning the ropes on a Parkzone Super Cub. I hope it won't be long and I'll be ready to move up to an airleron plane... and I just LOVE "warbirds", both WW1 and WW2.

Input?

Thanks.

Andre
LA Ming, Guys I'm 100% with sky Captain on this one, I too graduated from a hobbyzone super cub lp and my first ever aileron plane was the Parkzone Mustang gunfighter. Now after a couple years of flying the mustang and my F4F wildcat I would say Yes the wildcat is a very nice aileron plane to start with and what I should have bought in the first place when I first started out. Hand launches very easy, can smoothly land dead stick or come in a little hot, very stable and will fly pretty slow speeds without stalling.
If you do decide to purchase the wildcat, remember just keep it visably close and a tick under half throttle and a couple mistakes high and you will be just fine. The hardest thing you will have to accomplish is getting the bird trimmed out but once this is done your in the house IMO
JM66 is offline Find More Posts by JM66
RCG Plus Member