View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by ThomasLee
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,726 Posts
Thanks guys!

Mike, 2 parts to the question as there's 2 groups of guys I fly with. The local Hong Kong group mainly flies F3F, maybe 10 or so of them have DLGs, but they are not very active. The TS had 8 guys signed up and 7 guys flying.

Now, the other group I'm part of - SCSA - has about 20 guys flying DLGs and we're getting new members all the time, with about 11-14 actively flying contests. We're setting up for a monthly league starting January as well. This group really just started out as a couple of us early this year and it's grown a lot. The skill level is improving very quickly as well.

We get a little bit of media attention in Hong Kong, and quite a bit of media attention in China, and so that's helped us grow as well. Since the beginning of the year we've been on 4 or 5 different TV stations, and a couple magazines, I think there's another magazine that's lining up a series of articles with another club member.

Things are looking really cool over here right now!! There's nowhere else I would rather be

Thomas
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ThomasLee; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:42 AM.