View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by stevea3342
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904 View Post
Hey guys, got a couple questions about this bird. Im thinking about getting one. I have the TH Mustang and still love to fly it so I can only assume this is a good plane also.

What battery are most of you using?
What prop has a good balance of power/speed/flight time?

I have a few 3s 2200's laying around, how do these fit? Any modifications need to be done?

One last thing, how does it do with the LG on short grass? I know the TH P-51 was not worth a HOOT on grass, so I just belly land it.

Thanks in advance guys!
I'm flying with 2200 3s. They fit, but to get the CG I wanted, I had to file down a little foam so I could push the battery all the way to the firewall. I have found the stock 'ultra thin/light' prop to be about the best one. I have flown with APC style 9inch propellers, I think 9x7 or 9x8, but the stock prop is so light, the motor seems to be able to get better rpm and more thrust.

I have never tried to take off from the grass or with a hand launch. On landing, on the super rare times I miss the runway and land on the grass (ok, fairly often ), it always noses over. I would take the wheels off and belly land if you have to land on grass.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342