View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by mybad
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
680 Posts
Here's your slow jet!

I agree with those who say to start with a high wing trainer. I took their advice and taught myself to fly with a Hobbyzone Super Cub. If it looks too plain for you, you can always peel off the decals and replace them with military ones available at most hobby stores.

If you insist on a different route, then I MIGHT have a viable alternative for you.

Take a look at this thread, or search for Air Hogs Conversion

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1206083

I picked up a couple of these for this winters project, so the only experience I have with them is tossing one around at the park with my grandson. I have to admit that it looks quite impressive just gliding around. This jet glider it HUGE! It should be quite easy to see from a distance; an important factor for a newbie.

Air Hogs Titan Glider Brushless Conversion Slow Flight, Low Passes and High Altitude Glides (8 min 36 sec)

If you get this together and manage to master it as a slow flyer, you'll find plenty of threads and videos of "fun jet" conversions where they clipped the wings and used an edf setup. Uh, I don't suggest that as your first step though

As I said, I have no experience with the powered version of this plane, yet.

The hardest thing for you to do will be to find one this time of the year. I've seen them at Wal Mart and Target.

Good luck!
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mybad; Nov 19, 2012 at 08:28 AM.