Thread: New Product Parkzone Mini Vapor
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by Vince Herman
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,731 Posts
My MV review
I ordered 2, one for me and one for my girlfriend. We maidened them in the cul-de-sac to confirm that we had a proper bind and that everything worked properly. It was too breezy to do more than that.
Last night was the indoor. Large 3 basketball court gym. Flight behavior is similar to the Original Vapor and NV. Big hit with all the other pilots.
After the pylon races (several heats with cub/champs) I went out and tried to pop the helium balloon. It just kept bouncing off the balloon. I think that some of the circles I was flying around the ribbon holding the balloon were smaller in radius than the balloon itself.
I have not yet flown this in my living room. I do fly my Vapor and the girlfriends NV in my medium/smallish living room. But I did not want to risk the new MV in house-flying tests before the indoor meet at the gym.
I will report later when I have had a chance to try.

One flat note in this symphony of goodness. We could not keep a bind. Between the 2 vapors, we put in about 6 flights. And we had to bind 6 times. I do not know if we are doing something wrong with the process. We have 20 or so UM birds we fly, and we have not had this same need to bind this often with other planes. Oh, the occasional one where we have not flown a particular model in 18 months or so, but I always wrote those off to possible re-use of the TX model memory for testing other planes.

Anyone else have problems keeping the bind between flights?
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman