View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by huseyinozsut
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
I own a RC boat older than me, will be using it for an arduino project, need help!

Hi,

This is my first message in this forum. I'm new here; but I'm familiar with the hobby and with electronics for a long time.

Here is my issue: I own a model RC Boat named "Christina", which is older than me (I'm 25 years old). It's remote and receiver board is dead. My plan is renew the Boat with using arduino, xbee comunication, wireless cam, digital compass and GPS. Takeout the original parts, try to repair them and store them for being able to return the boat to its original.

First, my boat has an bilge system, which is completely mechanical. As water level rises, a foam starts to swim, locks a gear system into the shaft of the boat. And that gear set is connected to a primitive pump. I certainly want this system remaining in my boat!

My plan is without removing the shaft, using a stronger dc motor. What is the ideal motor rpm for a boat, considered that it is directly connected to the shaft?

Boat uses 4 "C" batteries and 4 "AA" batteries! It is hell of a weight. In my project I'll be using a much lighter battery, probably LiFePo4. I think this weight reduction will be bad for the stability of the boat. So I plan to put some weigth inside at bottom of the shell of the boat. In original the batteries are close to the top of the boat. I guess as I get the weigth lower, the stability of the boat should increase, am I right? I will plan the inside of the boat according to this information. So if you can help me, I appreciate it.

And if someone made a project like this before, I would love to learn how they did it and used which programs for gps plotting and etc.
huseyinozsut is offline Find More Posts by huseyinozsut
Last edited by huseyinozsut; Nov 19, 2012 at 08:54 AM.