Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Well i think standard motor was said here to be arround 5500rpm in stock configuration... the motor you signal is 2000Kv wich with a 1S lipo means it can go up to 8000rpm-ish ... considering how voltage fals fast to 3.5/3.7V under load i say it should be doing high 7000s ...wich should be more than the stock config ...

the issue would be batteries ... 160mAh batteries fall a lot over 1.5A load.. this motor/ESC can go up to +2A ... maybe using a 250mAh batt would do better..

Be aware that the recomended prop for the motor you say its a 4X2.5 ... i think the stock is 5X2.5 so maybe it can go overpower?
In any case it anounces 90g thrust.. that almost a power to weight ratio of 2:1 ..it should go unlimited vertical easy

Thanks for a little reassurance. I mostly make an estimated guess to how these power setups work. Im gonna rebuild my baby this winter so I might as well go for the BL right? If not I can always re make it. if it works it will be worth the $14. Ill try a bigger batt too as all I have are the 160mah. I do have a watt meter I think I can wire up to test it. I'll post my results and take pics.
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc