View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
255 Posts
Hello from RCbobcat55 I hope to maiden my ASK 21 this week sometime. I think the problem with the rubber twisting might be addressed by using a fishing swivel between the rubber and the tow line. Also, a small streamer is a great idea-it not only helps release the line from the glider but also makes it easier to locate the line when it comes down. I like the idea of the wind up spool-really creative use for a couple of container tops. Also, being the basic mental case I am I was also thinking of a micro winch for this and other small models I fly. Maybe an outrunner on a small gel cell with some sort of belt reduction such as a toothed micro belt and pulleys and a cheapie foot switch- now you really know I have a few led's which are only lit on one side. Let all of us know how the test flights are going. Also, I have one last question. I have a DX7 dsm2 trnansmitter and assume the 3X gyro feature is disabled or inaccessabe with this transmitter. Does anyone know? Also, i wonder if the aileron servos can be re-arranged to give flapperons. I may give that a try but I want to fly it first. Keep in touch RCbobcat55 aka Bob Markle SR.
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
Last edited by rcbobcat55; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: misspelled think-dumb thumbs