Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
19,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
The brand new Naza H just dropped this week and can be in anyone hands by the end of this month. It's only $269 for the FBL unit and then $169 for the GPS add on. Not bad at all considering they have already been doing this successfully with the Naza M on multi rotors, and its much, much cheaper than than the DJI H and Ace One products for helis they have been selling at $1250 and $3200 up until now.

It's doesn't make the 3D with GPS or hard deck claims that the Skookum claims to be capable of, but it has full 3D FBL capability in manual mode and a built in accelerometers, magnetometer and barometric sensor for self leveling and attitude hold and then you can add the additional GPS feature to lock the helis coordinates further within a 2.7 foot area even in wind. This may be all guys like me who just fly big air, but would like a GPS assisted bailout or scale flying style or photography assist and don't need all of the promised yet never delivered Skookum stuff.

Its half the cost of the Align GPS setup at $440 for both components and best of all..........the product actually exists!!!!!

Looks like Skookum has waited too long and will have to lower the initial price or sales will be zero. I would pay $169 for a Skookum GPS upgrade but no way that I will pay anything close to $1000.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man