Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordlucan View Post
Thanks losprop. I hope I didn't offend with my question. Think I'll cancel my DX order and get the Gum Pro so. If I did buy the Gum Pro and set my #16 to record with motion detect and audio out can you estimate how long recording time I'd get? Since I only have a 16GB MicroSD at the moment I'm guessing that would fill up before the charge went? Thanks again mate!
This question has been asked a number of times, and it cannot be answered definitively because the camera uses a lot more power when it is actually recording something. So if the camera were just idling waiting to sense motion without recording much of the time, it would last a lot longer than if it were sensing motion continuously and recording continuously, which would consume about the same amount of power as when just recording a normal video.

When recording normal video with the quality bit rate set at 7Mbps, the camera will consume about 53 MB of card space per minute, which would fill the 16GB card in about 300 min. (about 5 hours). Also, the camera consumes about 300-325 mA while recording, so in 5 hours it would consume about 1500-1625 mAh. These are approximate numbers, but should help when picking an external power pack. The camera's internal 250 mAh battery can only power the camera for about 43 min. max. when fully charged (and healthy!)
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM.