View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by AtomicPunk
Biplanes and Helicopters
USA, CA, Arroyo Grande
Joined Oct 2007
320 Posts
Tail Blow Out Fixed

After setting the 130 aside for a week or so, I tackled it again this morning. It turns out that I had two problems, one masking the other. The first problem was the "C" gear slipping on the shaft. I replaced it and put some thread between the gear hole and shaft, but the problem still remained, the tail blew out during fast changes in pitch/throttle.

I had noticed that the tail was vibrating a little more than when it was in new (uncrashed) condition. I replaced the tail shaft (looks like a T-Pin) in the hopes that maybe the shaft was bent, causing vibration which was confusing the gyro. While reassembling the tail, I noticed that the pin on the pitch slider was broken off, plus I had installed the pitch slider upside down, with the broken pin at the bottom and the ball at the top. Embarassing heli moment # 2,136 for me Especially since I was ranting to all who would listen about BnF crap and Blade and Horizon and just about anything else I could think of. D'oh!!!

Replaced the slider, installed correctly this time and just test flew, she's rock solid. Thanks to everyone who replied in an effort to help the partially retarded heli guy....

Simon
AtomicPunk is offline Find More Posts by AtomicPunk