Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Enya .099 - .25 ABC Engine Manual, Circa Early 1980's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc View Post
Post your out of print or discontinued manuals here and I will link them through this post by model number.
I've attached PDF scans of this venerable Fuji ABC engine instructions for .099 to .25 engines. It also has data and prop sizes up to .40 engines.

I am not an engine expert by any means. I gather that the Fuji 099S-II, from where the instructions came from, is a rare engine in that it is an ABC baffle piston engine. It has the same horsepower as the Enya 09-III and 09-IV baffle piston engines of .16 HP, but it has a lower compression of 5.5:1 whereas the Enya has 7.5:1. Maximum RPM is listed as 12,500. In contrast, the Enyas have a compression ratio of 7.5:1 and maximum RPM at 13,000, which lends me to believe the compression value is correct (hand flipping reveals lower compression than my Enya 09-III TV and OS Max .10 R/C), and that it is not Schneurle ported. In contrast, the OS .10LA ABN has .27 HP, the AP Hornet .09 has .25 HP. Attached are several pictures of this engine.

30-Nov-2012 - There is a typographical error in the instructions. Where it states, 3) Open the needle valve as follows according to the engine size. 099 engine - Full turns, this should be Four (4) turns.
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Last edited by OkiThumper; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Correct instructions typo.