View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by ManTownMedia
Quad Squad
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2011
264 Posts
Thanks guys. Nobody else was there - just me. So, I propped up my iPad to take the video - right on the ground. Most of the footage was not usable - I was flying 3 mistakes high so you are just seeing my takeoff (not that scale and right into the wind) and then the taxi back to the station. If I fly tomorrow, maybe I can get someone to video it.

This is a the Tricounty Barnstormers field near New Waverly, TX and the club put this black material that looks like a heavyweight version of the landscaping covering to block weeds. Before it was quite loose but I think they stretched it fairly well so it is smooth and painted with stripes like a real airfield.

Post flight, I noticed that I had to adjust the all metal E-Flite retracts and spent more time hardening the plywood and holes where the retracts are screwed in...Next mod is to use my shock absorbing struts that I bought for this bird - but it will will require more dremeling of the 5 mm struts to make it fit better than the stock coil type struts.
ManTownMedia is offline Find More Posts by ManTownMedia
Last edited by ManTownMedia; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:21 PM.