Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Check out CrazyJ's video. They move a lot. I'm not worried about it effecting flying but the stress it could have long term. Hopefully full deflection isn't needed anyway. My point was nobody has really tried stock. So all this experimenting is all in the head and not productive. Fly it stock see if you like it and if not get the tools out or change the battery. That's all I was trying to say.
I see what your saying about wing moving with full deflection,, I noticed on mine if I moved ailerons slowly it didn't move wing as much,, I'm wondering if this is just from those huge ailerons moving so quickly and hopefully with air pressure over the wing it won't be an issue. So did anybody notice the little hatch marks on the side of the fuse right at back edge of ailerons?? I wonder if this is a reference point for setting ailerons at 0 undercamber??? And is it just me or is there a ever so slight amount of anhedral in these wings???
Hope the wind dies down some tommorow so I can get in a few good flights. :-)
My one 2 min flight in 25mph winds didn't give much of an idea of how this little guy flies
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Addition