Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
Few things why i choose hexa
1. Stability
2. Hope to get more flight time
3. More lifting power

I dont understads, why u need tricoper? Sound like bad idea. Portabiliti i agree, with yaw tricopter is too quick. This copter is for smooth video.
Another thing you will need powerfull motors, but than again for 3 motors to lift such weight is too much. For 6 motors is way much easyer.
Y6 will work better.
I like how my Tri does not change altitude or motor-speed when using rudder, you can adjust it super smooth. Downside is that flimsey mechanical control/servo on tail. My Ecilop gimbal does a good job of doing roll and pitch adjustments but not liking the yaw reacting to changing torque of props.

I assume fewer motors is better efficiency, fewer motors and controllers = fewer failures. I don't really believe in redundancy that much, usually things other than motor or ESC's break that still make it come down. I just discovered a main power-lead on my Ecilop that got corroded from soldering and was only hanging on a few strings, no amount of motors would have kept it in the air.

I have looked at Y6 but think they are not super efficient either.
Tri's give you a super wide view in the front for filming at any pitch angle, up to 120 degree views. Just wondering, not really ready to build one yet.
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels