View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
beerbrewer is offline
Find More Posts by beerbrewer
Microbiology at it's best.
beerbrewer's Avatar
Waverly, Nebr.
Joined Apr 2009
268 Posts
I have finished the new motor mount and I am very pleased with the way it has turned out. All of the screws thread in easily by hand and it puts the weight forward by about 2 inches. If I remember correctly, I pulled out 5 ounces of lead fishing weights that were directly behind the firewall. This setup will eliminate having to add any extra weight and allow me to swing a big prop. My first try for the mount put the motor too low.

My next hurdle is to figure out the battery hatch and air flow over the ESC. I will try to get that figured out over the holiday. With my watt meter arriving early next week, this baby may be flying before Christmas.

I also need to contact Sig Mfg.Co. for the correct angle or line when the plane is sitting on the ground. I picked up the new front landing gear yesterday so that I could finish the new mount assembly. I just need to get it positioned correctly in regards to height.
beerbrewer is offline Find More Posts by beerbrewer
Last edited by beerbrewer; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote