3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Okay, so try lighter 2200s....

Then it'll be right

BLUF, PZ designed their planes a certain way; when equipped with batteries that'll fit the compartment AS DESIGNED, their planes are the best flying models out there, bar none (that's why this thread is approaching 2,000 pages...).

If you have to alter the model to the point of cutting away significant amounts of foam to fit certain batteries, etc, then you are going to have balancing issues, flight issues, etc. Which, BTW, isn't right.

Again, just my opinion. This plane is designed with beginners in mind, so therefore my comments are meant for those folks just starting out and I'm trying to steer them in the right direction. If you want to tweak your plane, go ahead. Tweak it to your heart's content. It's your money, it's your plane. All I'm saying is, if you have to tweak it, then it probably isn't right....just a casual observation.

Regardless, have fun flying your T-28, tweaked or not !
There are two points here which may be getting mixed up. First, the PZ T-28 balances properly with the stock 1800 mAh lipo. If you stick a heavier battery in the same place, it DOES change the CG.
The second point is, OK, so it changes the CG. What to do about it? Sounds like both you and I opt to do nothing and not worry about it. The plane still flies fine, although you may need to adjust the elevator trim when switching between a light and a heavy battery. The other option is to move the battery back, which requires trimming out a bit of the canopy and making sure there's something to keep the battery in place after that. The plane probably flies a little better with the CG dead on. Is it worth it? That's up to individual preference.

"best flying models out there bar none"? That's quite a claim. I like mine, but it's not the best flying plane I have.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen