View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,178 Posts
LEWIST- If I might make a suggestion about the placement of the battery pack in the hull, I would suggest to put the battery under the floor board of the cockpit even if you have to raise the height of the floor over the battery pack.

Also I would fiberglass the out side and inside of the and then you can cut away any frame work inside under the floor that would not let you set the battery in position. I would make the floor board removable even if in two pieces, for battery removal.

The balance point of the boat should be between 1/3rd and 1/2 the length of the hull measuring from the transom. I might also suggest that the next time you design a hull scale for the length of 19’ you move the scale of the model to 1/8th or even 1/6th scale for better placement of the running hardware and radio gear, as well as the better performance of the finished product.

I am very much enthused over the fact that there are modelers out their in this hobby, like your self, that wish to take their skills to the next level. It is like a breath of fresh air to old modelers like myself to realize that just maybe the art of scale modeling won’t die with us. If ever you have a question on anything related to scale model boating, ask for help or information here on the forum. It is possibly the greatest source for information from some truly gifted craftsman & woman.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg