View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:08 AM
Find More Posts by Hover or die
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
806 Posts
Elevator update..
I was able to figure out a good route to get the elevator linkages to a servo..i usually just mount them in the back flipping one upside down but there was not enough room to do so..Next time i will do what lee suggested and put one servo on another channel and slave it to the other servo..so that i can mount both standing upright (like an elevon setup)but working as a pure elevator...
Im trying 2 new products for building,not new to the industry but first time for me trying them..one is the micro hinges from dubro and the other is the micro carbon fiber control horns.....
The main thing left now is to do the intakes...Hotwie them sand to final shape and glass em'....

Lee,
Thanks for stopping in..I think you meant the scorp
Your comments and ideas are always appreciated...You might like my little Frankenstein 40mm fan im puttin' together..I pulled the motor tube and stators from a 60mm fan and mounting it in a 40mm case so it will except a stronger powerplant...the tube and motor to be used are the same diameter as the outrunner used in the stock 40 so i should be able to get the air out with no issues...I may cut a 50mm rotor to 40 to get a little more aggressive pitch to take advantage of the increased power output...These beefy new rotors are begging for some rpms lol...
It might work out or might not,its just an experiment right now....

Pdawg,
Ive only flown the viper once due to winds being up each time ive been able to fly...It does fly great though and i cant wait to get it out and take advantage of 3 cells...
I think its going to really groove on 3....
Thanks for stopping in!comments always appreciated....

A few update pics.......
Hover or die is online now Find More Posts by Hover or die