View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:29 AM
Find More Posts by JayDoc
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverRX8 View Post
I've noticed that kind of contradictory weight data on several batteries I've looked at on the Hobby King site. My Extra doesn't seem overly sensitive to C.G. changes due to batteries. I fly with 40C Zippy 2650's at 315.5g and 40/50C 3000's at 364.7g, and there's not much noticeable difference in flying characteristics between the two. 383g sounds pretty high for the Nano battery. I'm in the market for some more 4S2650's, so I'd like to hear what the actual weight is once you get it.
ccpdx is correct - I hadn't noticed the discrepancy on HK batteries before as they were for things like a Supercub or 1S packs for my UM planes.

Actual shipping wieght:
Nano-tech 4S 35-70c 2650: 284.4g
Individual boxes: 24.8g ea.
USPS box+bubble wrap: 95.1g

In comparison, the Sky lipo 4S 2650 40c is listed at 330g - I hope you are right about the Extra not being overly finicky about CG, Nanos are light! One thing that concerned me about the Nano 2650s - their 'height' is 45mm. Hopefully I won't have to dremel the heck out of the battery compartment to jam them in.

DriverRX8 - have you had any issues with the canopy coming loose, and have you tried 5S yet? Also - are the wings a pain in the rear to remove/replace for travel to the field?
JayDoc is offline Find More Posts by JayDoc