View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by S11D336B
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but that component is the logic level converter. Basically, you will have problems arming some or all of your ESCs until that part is replaced. Sorry man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoelight View Post
This is VERY time sensitive and unfortunately I am on location in Baja covering the Baja 1000 for Monster Energy. We have had a great first 3 days of pre race flights and should have our first edit posted to Monster tomorrow. BUT!!!!!

I needed to spin up one motor at a time to check the motor balance and think I blew it when I meant to plug in an esc wire and actually plugged in a Rx wire to a second Rx to spin up the one motor. I had a 3s battery also plugged into the Rx.

To make a long story short, something smoked on the HFP board and now the ESCs won't arm. I do have a backup green board, but have the black board well tuned for this Octa.

See the photo below. The tip of the tool is over the smoked component. Anything I can do? Any way to bypass the smoked component. I am in Mexico, so no access to anything more than wire and a soldering iron. Race day tomorrow and will be out of touch for 2 days.
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor