Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Trader Rating: 90
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,330 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
Ah yea, Ken Willard, loved his articles in RCM. Was really sad when he passed. Ken would never build a large airplane. He like small planes which is what this is.

I'll go out on a limb and make a statement that may be wrong (but I think I am right) but I honestly do not believe the value of this kit is anywhere near $150. I'm not looking to purchase it btw, I'm just being honest. With that said, people pay more for things than they are worth all the time so you may get that but I'd be very surprised. I'd be surprised if you got $100 in fact. This is a kit that can be scratch built in one evening given the size and complexity and one that is really not in much demand. It would make a decent electric conversion I'd think but nothing really special. This kit probably sold for more like $20 or perhaps less regardless of what TF told you. Kits were just not that much back then. In the 80s for example you could get just about anything for under $100 and many under $50.

No one is going to purchase it for any price without pictures but even with pictures in perfect condition, I'd not pay more than $50 shipped. (again, not an offer, not trying to buy). Probably best bet is to get some really good pictures and put it on Ebay and cross your fingers. Maybe a couple of folks will get into a bidding war .. or better yet call Top Flight and tell them you will sell it to them for $150 shipped so they can have a piece of their own history. Hey, they said it was worth more than that so it is a steal for them lol.

Hope this helps and certainly not trying to knock you. Hope you get what you need from it.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne