View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by FireyFate
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I usually stay out of these threads, but I have to say, that is the 3DHS manual. I have a 3DHS 59" Slick.
The plane in the HK guide has 3DHobbyshop stamped on the motorbox, and the person building it is wearing a 3DHS team shirt.
This is nothing but a blatant rip off. I didn't think even HK would have the stones to do something like this.

Chuck
The manual on HKs site is under "customer uploaded files." I imagine someone from here uploaded it.

I do agree that the shape of the plane looks very much like the 51" AJ Slick... VERY much like it. Yes, the Slick is a real aircraft, but the AJ version was an original design inspired by it and tweaked quite a bit to be the awesome hybrid pattern/3D performer that it is.

I'm sure we will see more detailed comparisons in the future... and my hunch is this is more of HK doing nothing original and just undercutting by imitating the real trend setters with barely any R&D of their own.

At any rate, I have yet to see a single HK 3D plane at any of the various flying fields or events here in this huge city called Phoenix. 3DHS and EF are all over the place and keep bringing us exciting new designs... I think they'll be fine.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate