Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by Captain3D
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
I am very interested in the Hero 3 for aerial videos, and 3D! I am curious if I buy 2 of these if the 3D accessory from the Hero 1 &2 will work on the 3?

If not, the included remote can it control 2 at a time? Then I can throw them together and record at once and throw the videos together to make 3D. If it can record and stop at the same time for both cams that would be great.
I talked directly to GoPro about 3D on the new cameras and the existing sync cable (and case) does not work with H3. Some people have been shooting 3D using wifi to sync the cameras and report good results although you will have to manually sync the first frame as one movie will be longer than the other by a few frames. The sub frame sync though is said to be good once you have the start frame paired up correctly.

3D capability should be officially supported in the first half of next year I heard. Until then I decided to cancel my H3 order and instead got a pair of H2 off eBay for around $150 each. They work great in 3D already ( protunes software has been unreliable in 3D)

Phil
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D