Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by carl rich
Trader Rating: 7
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,149 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Has the high powered 700kv motor for maximizing 12s thru 14s. 24lbs thrust 12s and 30lbs thrust on 14s per factory. And quiet.

I requested and paid for an upgrade. Instead of having 6.5mm bullet connectors glued to the sides of the fan I requested they just run the wire leads out of the fan and leave about 10" long so I could run them to the ESC and either solder or use Castles 6mm connectors. I had one of the DS94 640kv fans for testing and noticed that the standard configuration with the bullet connectors hard mounted to the housing and directed outward from the housing (tangent?) it made it difficult to mount the fan in a jet as I had to use a male bullet to insert in the one glued to the side and this bullet then sticks out even further from the fan housing. They do not lay nice and neat next to the fan housing facing front to rear. They take up space where you will either be supporting your fan mounts or in my case where my landing gear was mounted as they stick out to the sides. By requesting the wires simply be extended out of the fan housing I was able to avoid all of this. The wires are visible in the photo as suppled by DS other than Castle bullets on the ends. I have 6mm Castle bullets on the fan and corresponding 6.5mm castle bullets on the ESCs that are also for sale. Do you need an ESC to go with it?
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich