Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
Thanks, I tried looking but could find exact instructions on how to do it specifically for the V120D02S. Do I just make the cut through the entire horn opposite the arm?

I ordered 5 Airy gear sets from a seller on Ebay last week just incase, but I'd rather have the servo saver mod done instead so that I don't have to put the servo out and replace the gears. Thank you for the tip though.

I just got my bird in the air today and it flies great, very smooth and easy to control. I'm having two issues though, one of which I couldn't find an answer to when searching this thread.

1.) Tail twitching/vibrations - seems like a usual occurance, doesn't bother me too much so I guess it's alright.

2.) Motor seems to govern (not sure if this is the right word) itself at one consistant throttle percentage regardless of transmitter input. My current throttle curve is 0-25-50-100, but anything above 25% throttle feels/sounds exactly the same as 100% throttle input. Switching to idle up (100-95-100) makes no difference in the sound of the motor, and I can't perceive any change in head speed either. I'm not sure if this is normal, but the heli also bogs pretty badly whenever I pitch pump with only 50% pitch travel. Has anybody experienced this?
I replied earlier that I could hear a difference in the sound of the motor, but that was with my 3 axis versions. I received my first new version 6 axis yesterday & I also can't perceive any change in head speed. I'll be able to test fly it after work today & see if it has a bogging issue also.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor