View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by Mike_Then
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,524 Posts
It's all a matter of preference. My preference is Hyperion. That's all I buy and there is a noticable difference in power between the same size/type/discharge of a Hyperion vs. a cheap battery.

Case in point: A bunch of guys and I bought the 35" Popwings to have a little full-contact combat fun. Ordered the GensAce 3s 1300 mAh batteries to go with them. We ordered 9 of everything. All batteries were OK except for one... it was visibly puffed. Since I was the one that ordered the equipment, I would deal with the puffed battery. I contacted the reseller and they promptly shipped me another one. Guess what? That one was puffed too. I had a sneaking suspicion that the 2nd one might be problematic so I ordered a 3s 1300 mAh Hyperion battery at the same time the reseller shipped me the 2nd GensAce. And, you guessed it, the Hyperion arrived in perfect condition.

Moral of the story: I should have followed my own rule and NOT order those cheap batteries. Never again, especially from GensAce.

Again, it's all about preference. Me, I care too much about my models to use cheap packs.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then