Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkiteflyer View Post
Well, thats interesting.
I compared the model plane with the full size on SSUK in Acad, and the only difference I found was the model had 0.75deg more wing incidence than full size drawing.
I can't see that minor difference being that critical.
One thing I noticed on the full size drawing, it had two balance points shown; one for the fuselage and one for the wings. I wonder if they got mixed up on the model plan? ?( just thinking out loud). If anyone else has any answers or can correct my thoughts, please jump in, I don't want to have the same problems as papaalpha when I build mine.

Cheers
Phillip C
Phillip, I still have to build my right wing and finish the fuselage. I might redo my rudder with covering rather than balsa sheeting in an effort to save more weight. Also, since I am still finishing the fuselage, I might be able to save some weight aft the wing root with lightening, still have yet to install the top curved cover. I do think that the rear section of the fuselage could possibly be reinforced with cross directional pieces, then covered with orocover instead of balsa sheeting, this might save some more weight.

I will look at the original AS plans tonight to ref. CoG points with plans I've modified. Cheers, Thompson
studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS