View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:13 AM
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoRC View Post
I've scratchbuilt three 35" profile foamies and two 28". I really like the way the 28" handles and thought about purchasing a profile balsa in a 28-30" wingspan range. But I've only found the Precision Aerobatic Electric Shock and a Yak from HobbyKing in that size. Although I have a Precision Aerobatic Addiction, I'd like a profile balsa to add to my fleet. Maybe the Sabre or Scap? Personally, I like the way the Scap looks, but I'm hearing the Sabre is a better plane to fly. Decisions...decisions!

Steve
You can't go wrong with either one. I like the Scap just a little better than the Sabre because it has more pitch authority and can flip better, but other than that they are pretty much even. For me OT seemed like the Scap was a little more finicky to find the sweet spot for cg for a clean knife edge but once you find it it locks in and is just a ton of fun. Of course as cheap as they are you could always just get them both, I have both of them and wouldn't give one up for the other they are that close. The bang for the buck on these planes is just unbeatable.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy