View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by waboats
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Bob

I think that is the way to progress things. Colin was elected by the ARYA State Reps to be the NCC.

Regardless of what some think of the process or how this is done, these are what is expected & has been done this way for many years.

Mr M gave away his opportunity in previous year when he abandoned the Class & The NCC Position. He was there to represent his views & not that of the majority of EC12 Skippers. Which IMHO is where he started to go wrong. There for selfish needs & not to represent the class as an NCC should.

A good thing he resigned from NCC position when he did.

Not sure how much interest there is from the States where EC12 is not active. Out of Sight Out of Mind.

But the EC12 is only one class & what really is before the ARYA committee is the betterment of Radio Sailing in general.

Standards need to be set & then enforced. From what I have seen Colin has tried almost everything he can to resolve the isues, but as normal Mr M rejects everything.

Sad Unfortunate thing I see is the OA fails to provide for any reasonable alternatives or even provides a clear vision of his own. Dances around with Tirades of self indulgence that rightly turn people away.

The OA bit the hand of the ARYA during the last executive Tenure & has done nothing to improve the behaviour. Then expects something different.

I simply can't work out the OA.. Not least of all the Severe Problems they are having with Manufacture of Hulls to a set standard.

Yes production is slow, My Guess is OA membership is or will be dropping as the words & promises from the OA are found to be a little wanting.
waboats is offline Find More Posts by waboats