Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
631 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
ya, me too rich! what motor you using for it Eric? it looks cute

is the epp you use or depron type foam?

also on the F3p plane, i see you cut out a lot of spaces inside, is it still durable? or you reinforce it with something?

-pete
HI Petey thanks,

On the F3P those are cutouts, I will cover with clear laminating film, I did the wing and tail the same way, this is made from $tree foam board I leave the paper on so no need to reinforce with carbon at all. The Elipstic 260 is made from $tree foam board with the paper left on so no need to add carbon to reinforce it. I taped the board first, like they do on Foam builder university here on the forums then I traced my plan outline and cut it out, it took me less then 1 hour from start to finish, now I'll add 2- 5 gram servos, my 6 channel micro reciever 10 gram motor, 10 amp esc and a 350 to 450 2 cell lipo should weigh about 4 ounces when finished, just waiting for the motor to arrive, prop will probably be a 4x75- 4x.75 or maybe a 4x1-4x1 will have to try both to see which is better. I am going to make one out of EPP also, just waiting for the foam. I love Foam-Tac, it puts me in the mood to build.....
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio