View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Look at the pictures of the latest conversion I on the brushless tail motor. That's exactly what I used, and Turnigy 9X transmitter and a Flysky 6 channel RX. I used that RX because that was all I needed and I had it and did not want to waste the Turnigy RX.

Pictures
Basic Instructions

As for the kit at topstoys, all I can sa is beware. The throttle channel in the PCB for the brushed motor does not supply a constant voltage. It is stick dependent. If it is only suppling say 4 volts at low throttle, I can't imagine the ESC not shutting down from low voltage and also getting hot, again from low voltage. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Once you get it, if it does not work, you are probably out your money as Chinese vendors do not often honour warranty. Buyer beware.
Thanks for your quick review. It looked awfully simple compared to what you and others have had to formulate to obtain good results. I think I'll just buy a "box of motors" and replace them at the 50 flight (or so) interval! Just having too much fun flying these birds to mess with them too much.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper