Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I installed Benmlee's tail clutch for testing last night. This mornings flight was really solid. No tail movement on full pitch climbouts or mild 3D maneuvers. Parts were precise and there were no balance issues at all after installation.

I also experimented with the KKDD blades with the TA915 motor and the pitch up was too unpredictable to keep flying her that way. So I decided to lighten up the stock blades (since the heli is super stable with them but the flip and roll rates were slow) by drilling holes in them and covering them with clear tape. The stock blades weighed in at 4.5g and now the modified blades weigh 3.7g. The flip and roll rates are very good and there are no issues with FFF. Nice. We will see how she handles Manny flying her this weekend.
Nice, i had thought about doing something like this myself actually. Then the KDBB blades were released.

Can you elaborate on the "unpredictable" pitch ups? Was it giving way in different directions or something because of blade flex? Do you have any ideas? I fly those blades using the 215 motor and the Benmlee slipper clutch and the heli did fly very erratic and crazy at first. I had to tune it all kinds of ways till i found a sweet spot. But, i had to turn the gyro pot off basically. Just a hair up. It leveled out and flies nicer now. But it's hard for me to detect slight shifts and inconsistencies in the heli because it's always 15+mph winds here. So the heli just gets knocked around anyway. I'm wondering if there is something i'm not seeing because of it.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk