Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
31,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly View Post
Sounds great Steve. I'm planning on going with an electric set up for my 74" Edge <which is on the x-mas list:->

What kind of flight times are you getting? I'm leaning towards 10S since I have several 5S 4000mAh packs on hand, that and this airframe appears to benefit from a bit of extra nose weight.

ByronC
10S would probably work...and, though I have no practical experience with the motor, (other than it is in the same series), I would bet the A60-7S would be a great motor for this plane. It is a 215KV 3000 watt (peak) 2500 watt (nominal) motor that draws approximately 68 amps, and will easily run on a Castle HV-80 or higher HV ESC. The watt specs are right in line with the motor I am using....and Hacker is noted for under-rating their motors, so, I have no doubt it could be pushed a bit harder....

As to flight time, I tend to fly a lot of high throttle stuff, so only about 5.5 minutes.....but if I took it easy, or put a Xoar prop on it, I would probably get longer flight times. I am actually using a Xoar gas carbon fiber prop...perhaps a lighter prop would give better times.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...