Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Brings back memories of the mid-70s, when I spent many weekends at the north end of a particular beach that's right below the part of the bluffs where the hang-gliders fly. I don't remember seeing any RC gliders while I was there - but then I wasn't exactly looking for them either - given the <ahem!> nature of the scenery, so-to-speak. I do remember that the trail was one hell-of-a climb. I sometimes walked down that steep road on the south end. There was an old VW Beetle that couldn't make it back up the hill sitting off the end of the road.I heard that it was still sitting there in the 80s. I remember lots of other stuff from there as well, but most of it's not the sort of stuff one can discuss on here... Ahh, yes.....those were the days...

Joel
When I was there in 06 a guy landed his sloper down on the beach and walked down. The people that had it had "rekitted it" and threatened him with bodily harm as well. I hadn't heard of it being quite that contentious prior to that. I was careful to stay in the main lift bubble the entire time
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member