Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Very good point Kevin, but for most hobbyist, the only way into the more fancy transmitter is to buy one with almost nothing with it (barebone), or as many have done with the DX8 so far, buy it with one or more receivers (the package deal with AR8000, and two more receivers), and sell ALL the receivers since they reach a decent price on the market, and they just wanted the Tx. This would bring the transmitter price to a much lower level that some of us can only afford. (and those some of us are not me... I can only dream to buy a DX18 or even a DX8)
RG,

I don't think this radio is intended to be for every customer. Seems to me, the goal is to add high end products to the Spektrum family. This way, they have products designed and developed for the entire range of budgets in the hobby. Now the JR doing it's own thing, Horizon and Spektrum need to bring top tier products to the line up. Much like base model to fully optioned cars, airplanes or boats. Spektrum is now a force, a BIG force in the RC radio scene. Not just the low end to be offered next to another brand like before. Good for Horizon.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball