View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
For those who have been asking about this setup on 4S, I do tell people it is not intended for 4S as it will want to run around 700-750 watts on 4S. Typically I don't like to run the regular Wicked series motors over 600 watt continuous, also the rpm will be in the 70,000+ range which can outrun ESCs (the Castles are OK up to 130k I think with 6 pole motors), the fan needs to be balanced well, and the rotor will most likely have to be glued to the rotor adapter to make sure it does not slip. So extra care needs to be taken to run the 6000KV wemo combo this way for those who wish to experiment. The 6000KV motor does has thicker wire windings in it so it can handle more current then the lower KV versions I sell and the WOT runs will be not for too long a period on this sized model, and combined with the smaller lipo size used in these models (most likely keeps the watts below 700 from voltage sag under load) so it is a ream of exploration for those who wish to try it out. Simply because of all the extra care needed to make it work correctly, that is why I don't officially recommend it as a 4S system on a day to day basis.

Don
based on what you told me, I assembled a 6000 kV wemo but have yet to run it up on 4s, I don't have the appropriate lipo yet. Now that I see te result, I need to bite the bullet and buy a few lipos for some insane fun.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320