View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Joined Feb 2010
2,171 Posts
Well, I didn't get my pick this election (or last)...but at least the D7 fuselage is progressing a bit

Engine is mounted and as you can see I've started working on the removeable top hatch. this is going to be a nice access point. it will have two pins in the rear and magnets up front.

If anyone else builds this...I strongly recommend that the 1/2" bottom sheet under the engine be installed AFTER you get the engine mounted. I had a heck of a time getting the engine situated with no lower access at all.

I've got a good amount of work to do, but I am super anxious to fire up that Saito again! it is just a sweet running engine I can't stand seeing it sit idle!!!

Remote glow ignition will be added so I don't have to fiddle with a glow driver under the top wing. i probably will just put a single AA 1.5V battery in the fuselage and have a switch activate it. I plan to run a red LED inline so that I know when the plug is shot. another option is to install a remote glow socket somewhere that is easy to access.
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds