Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Hover or die
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
806 Posts
Build Log
Micro Scorpion w/ Custom Intakes

The Aviation Design Scorpion has always been my favorite sport jet..
Its long smooth lines just appeal to me...Its not considered a speed airframe but more of a trainer as the AD model has a really thick airfoil to help tame the stall for the newer jet flier....The lines on this jet are just beautiful to my senses....Ive built a couple of 70mm Scorps and they are the best flier I have had the pleasure of flying.
They stall straight ahead and have a huge lifting surface...
Some of the big AD jets are capable of 200+mph (turbine)and just groove...

My early glide test were great and I expect this one to be a winner built in micro form...Im working on getting the elevator linkages figured out and then finish up the intake duct..
Im using a 40 in this one and have removed the intake lip from the case so it will except the intake duct..The hub from the rotor sticks out quite a bit so I had to build an adapter of sorts to connect the intake to the fan without the hub causing me headaches..Ill post pics of all this as it makes things easier to understand...
I will also be able to finish the custom duct thread as it is based on this duct build...

Any questions please ask and i will do my best to answer..
Im also working on a new 40 mm Frankenfan for a new jet you gus might get a kick out of and ill post some pics of the start of the fan build sometime soon...
Take care all.................Chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die