Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by HornetMaX
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Discussion
Worst (bike) paintjobs ever

Hi,
I'm essentially done assembling my GPV-1 and after finishing the paintjob, i decided that it was time to open this thread

Pics are here below. OK, it was my first attempt at painting, but I put a lot of responsibility on the online shop where i've bought the paint:
  1. I live in France and to have the paint quickly I decided to buy in France: 3 weeks for the delivery. Fail. Hongkong would have been faster (and maybe even cheaper).
  2. Selecting the colors I said to myself; "Everything but these silly fluo colors you always see on rc cars". So I ordered black, metal blue and orange (non-fluo, KTM like).
  3. Of course the damn website has sent me a fluo orange and I didn't realize is until I pressed the nozzle. This means "too late".
  4. Well I said, it's gonna be fluo orange, no big big deal. But the fu%^ing fluo orange won't stick at all. I ended up painting 6 layers and the stuff was still looking bad. Exasperated by the whole thing I covered it all with the blue metal, for the great result you can see in the pics.
  5. In real life, the thing is much worse than what you see in the pics: the color is somewhere mid-way between the good old Skoda orange and a "post-chili-con-carne" green fecal matter (the 4 letters synonym is not allowed).
  6. However I'm extremely proud of the small areas painted in black and blue: no issue at all with them, they are so good I may want to buy another body set and give it another try, without the fu%^in' fluo orange, of course.

MaX.
HornetMaX is offline Find More Posts by HornetMaX