Worst (bike) paintjobs ever
I'm essentially done assembling my GPV-1 and after finishing the paintjob, i decided that it was time to open this thread
Pics are here below. OK, it was my first attempt at painting, but I put a lot of responsibility on the online shop where i've bought the paint:
- I live in France and to have the paint quickly I decided to buy in France: 3 weeks for the delivery. Fail. Hongkong would have been faster (and maybe even cheaper).
- Selecting the colors I said to myself; "Everything but these silly fluo colors you always see on rc cars". So I ordered black, metal blue and orange (non-fluo, KTM like).
- Of course the damn website has sent me a fluo orange and I didn't realize is until I pressed the nozzle. This means "too late".
- Well I said, it's gonna be fluo orange, no big big deal. But the fu%^ing fluo orange won't stick at all. I ended up painting 6 layers and the stuff was still looking bad. Exasperated by the whole thing I covered it all with the blue metal, for the great result you can see in the pics.
- In real life, the thing is much worse than what you see in the pics: the color is somewhere mid-way between the good old Skoda orange and a "post-chili-con-carne" green fecal matter (the 4 letters synonym is not allowed).
- However I'm extremely proud of the small areas painted in black and blue: no issue at all with them, they are so good I may want to buy another body set and give it another try, without the fu%^in' fluo orange, of course.