View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Are you using a 3s? with this setup you have? i'm thinking of getting this one from Nitro Planes for $198 RTF but it only comes with 40a esc and 3s Lipo. I hear talk about 4s but what if i wanted to leave everything alone and use stock setup, will it have really good launching from your hand and almost go straight up or is 4s necessary.
Hi again! I did read back in this thread and found your question. I did buy without tx rx and 40A esc and no flaps. On my first video I have only ailerons but 60A ESC, then on the second video the flaps servo is mounted. I programmed the ESC for 3s not to switch of when using 4s, but then there is no warning for low voltage on 4s! (No auto detection of voltage in this esc.)
I think 3s is ok and lower weight for thermal, but once tested 4s.... Its more fun! Keep on flying! And later you can buy two extra servos for the flaps and a 60A ESC with larger BEC for the the extra servo current (and 4s).

Experiment with slow motor flying on higher altitude.
And using ailerons as flaps. But with only elevator you flip them up not down, to brake and reduce lift (and not to forget: reducing stall). If you have mixer you can compensate also on elevator.

BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson